- When we assess our tariff for professional services, the following is taken into account:
1.1. The amount and importance of the work done;
1.2. The complexity of the matter or the difficulty or novelty of the work or questions raised;
1.3. The skill, labour, specialised knowledge and responsibility involved on the part of the attorney;
1.4. The number and importance of the documents prepared or perused, without necessarily having regard to the length;
1.5. The place where and circumstance (e.g. urgency) in which the services or any part thereof were rendered;
1.6. Where money or property is involved, its amount or value;
1.7 The experience or seniority of the attorney;
1.8. Depending on the complexity and importance of the matter, it may be necessary for more than one attorney to work on the matter.
2. All files will be retained until full payment of the account has been received.
3.You must further realise the risk of litigation and you have been advised of the difference between attorney-client and party-and-party costs.
4. You understand that professional charges will be levied for all time spent on your mandate including consultations, letters, e-mails, telephone calls, round table conferences, traveling time and all related services.
5. You are to provide our office with all requested documentation for purposes of the FICA legislation within seven days of commencement of this mandate. We are required by law to FICA every client and therefore required to end a mandate should we not receive cooperation from a client in respect of such process.
6. Our office must uphold all laws of the Republic of South Africa as well as the Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014 as well as the Rules of the Legal Practice Council.
7. Attorney-client privilege applies to our office and yourself, as our client.
8. You agree that our website and online media are merely factual and experiential matters that we cover, and that you are in no way obligated to use/take any of the information on our online platforms, including our website as advice for your legal requirements. Please consult with us, for the correct advice and procedure.